I have come to the conclusion that online shopping is a black hole of goodies for your wallet. I was one of those shoppers who found it necessary to put all my 5 senses to test when making a purchase so obviously online shopping wasn’t my forte. Confession: I do not have an Amazon Prime account…just yet! However, until recently say about a year ago, I found myself more willing to give up control of my 5 senses & befriend online shopping. The rest…is history!
So today I start a new line of posts titled “Best of the Web”. These are products or services I think are worth bookmarking or a friendly visit.
The intent is to have these posted every Monday but as you can obviously detect, I have not been a disciplined and punctual blogger (blogging is a full-time job yo!) Hence I’ll do my best to keep up with my own expectations although I advise, procrastination is one of my strengths!
1. For $79.97, Kate Spade Women’s Metro Holographic Turquoise Watch makes a stunner holiday gift. Although I’m fashionably late in suggesting a holiday gift but ladies if the return/exchange-holiday-gift process has begun then this is definitely an option worth considering!
2. Peacock lovers! This fancy Peacock Decorative Pillow by Marlo Lorenz Clara is bound to become a showstopper on your couch or bed. Head to Dillard’s with $45.00 if you want one.
3. For Crafters, TheThriftShopper.Com is an equivalent of a candy store! A one-stop shop for all your thrift shopping needs hosts a national directory of thrift stores around the country. Aren’t you glad you just up’ed your vacay shopping budget by 100%!
4. InvisibleHand can notify you when a product, flight or rental car you’re browsing can be bought for less elsewhere. It’s 100% free with an app available for download on an iPhone.
5. You can never have enough options to shop for custom cards and invitations. Check out PaperlessPost.com for a plethora of designs.
Shopping for a new house is no easy task! The housing market in Houston is on steroids. Every house which manages to seize my interest lingers in the market for no more than 12 hours and unfortunately, this rapid pace of the housing market in Houston ain’t slowing down anytime soon. Who are these people snatching up homes in less than 12 hours? How can you make one of the biggest decisions in your life in less than 12 hours? I can’t even decide what dress to wear in 12 hours!!!
Anyhow, I remain persistent and hopeful of my dream home. To me, more exciting than the process of house hunting is the process of imagining what my new home would look like. I absolutely dig old country-style homes – they possess so much character. I imagine my new home to be move-in ready to an extent I can add my own flavor to it, which brings me to my inspiration board.
My inspiration board is the hoarding ground of all things responsible for giving me goose bumps lately in the design and decor universe. For instance, I’m in love with:
- everything blue and white
- decorative plates
- dark walls
- antique furniture
- all things vintage
- Mediterranean-themed tiles
- wall decor
- eye-popping fabric
Starting now, I want to take you on a journey through my inspiration board. Today, we will be inspired by everything blue and white, courtesy of OneKingsLane Instagram page. There’s something refreshing, calm and peaceful about blue and white. It perks up my mood and motivates me to think positively. And how weird – these were also my elementary, middle and high school colors! I can’t wait to emulate some of these looks into my new home! Now you know where I’ve been hiding for the past week. Hello, my name is Henna and I’m an Instagram addict!
Don’t forget to hop on over to OneKingsLane Instagram page for more inspiration. It’s awesome – you will drown, I promise!