and I’m Loving It!!!
Shade: In The Moment
Soothing, tranquil, energizing, all comes to mind!
Read more here…
What do you think? Can this be one of the shades on your next wall?
I can’t stop oooooh aaaaah’ing over this house!!!
Everything is so meticulously designed and immaculately presented!
I simply hate these people!
via Earth Porn
Watch how Clei & Resource Furniture transform a 325-square feet apartment into one of the most efficient living spaces:
Via Home Decor blog
The more I think of a new house, the more I brainstorm about the entryway, realizing now more than ever how important mudrooms are!!!
They serve multiple purposes. For instance, mudrooms could be the doorway into your house and on most occasions, “extended” congregation points for folks entering/exiting your house. If done right, they can be the statement first-impression of your house. You can hook people’s attention long enough to talk them into taking their shoes off (keep your house dirt-free!) You can cleverly design your mudrooms so shoes, clothing and other items remain hidden (keep your house odor-free!) At the same time, mudrooms can be where everyday items are easily accessed without the need to search for them around the house (keep your house clutter-free)
Here are some mudroom ideas I want to share with you. Do you see yourself investing in a mudroom?
I’m going to kick off this week with my personal tribute to the Lackluster Shark!!!
This is about as random as I get…
I still can’t stop laughing at how “lost” Mr. Shark appeared on the stage…
My next Super Bowl would feel empty without it…
Okay…moving on to the Best of the Web for this week. Today my featured post brings you some of the best from the world of Blogging:
1. Pretty Much Amazing blog pretty much is the source for discovering everything amazing about new music and artists, latest tracks, remixes and delicious recommendations. MTV declared it as one of the “best independent music blogs” and a blog “you should know about“. So check it out if you’re frequently on the quest to spice up your music library on the iPod.
2. I have watched the fashionably snob blog Snob Essentials grow from a two-person to practically a staff of snobs who enjoy bringing everything exquisite in the world of fashion to your doorstep, from bags to clothing to shoes to jewelry to what not!
3. The Single Muslimah has gots to be one of the funniest blogs out there! To all my single Muslim women, if you cannot relate to this, I’m afraid you have not been (a) single, and (b) Muslim anytime in your lifetime.
4. Every once in a while, a blog like True & Sania comes along and puts you in a good place each time you peruse it. Welcome yourself in the interior design world of Stylists and Interior Journalists Sania Hedengren & Susanna Zacke.
5. Information is Beautiful! Yes, indeed it is! Or at least London-based Data Journalist and Information Designer David McCandless seems to think so. I was introduced to David two years ago at an Urban Outfitter store in New Orleans. I bought his book that day. So if you, like me, get curious from time to time about completely random stuff such as how much shall I run to burn off a cup of mocha or who runs this damn world which may be why we are at war at all times, then please, enlighten yourself!
I’m rather obsessed with the designer Lee Ann Thornton.
Her interior designs project such warmth and peace in her homes, I’m in a happy place just by looking at them.
Imagine if she made your next home look like this:
If I end up owning a country home in Connecticut in my next life, I’m definitely hiring Lee!
Also check out her latest feature in House Beautiful.
And now I present to you the Best of the Web
The epic search for a new home continues…and so does my attempt to post as many inspiring designs on my pinboard as humanly possible.
and last but certainly not least…
I have been following F. Schumacher & Co. for many years now hoping one day I can embed their fabrics and wallcoverings into my new home. Their vividly exquisite designs have had me hooked on their website for hours at a time. They are one of those companies who have managed to sustain versatility and quality in their designs through innovation and inspiration in this rapidly evolving world of interior design.
Today we will take a peek into their blog and Instagram page to marvel at how beautifully and eloquently they’ve managed to make wallpaper look irresistible. For a long time I was turned off by wallpaper, it reminded me of the 90s (a decade I’m not a huge fan of…I’m a child of the 80s if you know what I mean!) yet now I am actually looking forward to incorporating them into my new home.
Some of the fabric and wall designs posted here are products of Schumacher while a few may be regrams of designers they like or works of designers they have featured on their blog. Be sure to click on the links for more information as well as tune into their Pinterest page for more design eye-candy.