I’m hoping this week work looks something like this…
because last week this was me by Friday…
Nevertheless looking forward to February, the month of L.O.V.E…
Now, let’s dive into this week’s Best of the Web:
1. I don’t know about you but this is what happens to me when I shop for fragrance at the mall. Step 1 – I stop by the fragrance booth, Step 2 – I try a sample on me, Step 3 – I instantly fall in love, Step 4– I dish $80 in less than 60 seconds, Step 5 – somewhere in between the mall and the next day, the fragrance decides to not work on me. I’m now an owner of a perfume which successfully deceived me. So you know why I’m all over Olfactif. It’s a monthly fragrance subscription service which allows you to test & explore 3 samples of fragrances before you decide to invest. And when you do decide to purchase, you will automatically receive an $18 credit towards the bottle of your choice. How neat is that! No more discentppointments!
2. For those of you who begin your day with a newspaper (like my dad), make it fun while you’re at it. Try theSkimm – it delivers humorous, bottom-line snippets of the biggest deadlines, right to your desktop.
3. The word on the street is Fab.com may probably be dead, sooner or later. Well…if you’re a sucker for similar artistry, you may want to head to Walker Shop where all proceeds go to Walker’s artistic & educational programs. For instance, I’m loving these camera sticky notes to spice up my desk for only $6.99.
4. Etsy seller pixelthis likes to make stuff from stuff. Yep, he takes stuff, tears it apart and then makes more stuff out of it. His stuff is sooooooo cool I personally bought a recycled turntable clock or some stuff like that from him couple of years ago. It now hangs on the wall of my study and is sure as hell a great conversation starter.
5. You can never browse too many online marketplaces. And if you currently are trying to shop for an event, party, gift or holiday, check out Minted. It’s a marketplace of independent artists and designers who are creating beautiful products for you to customize and make it your own. Find anything from invitation cards to postcards, stationery, fabrics, home and party decor.
Images via blog Let the good times roll