There’s no better feeling than being on a vacation and celebrating just yourself and all the hard work you’ve accomplished leading up to it. Not meaning to sound cliche but honestly, even a few hours within a day to unwind and be alone with your mind can me magically therapeutic. I have been doing some research into meditation practices but the irony of it is finding enough time to sit alone and do nothing! So I figured instead of going all Deepak Chopra on myself which frankly speaking won’t happen, I’m just going to spend an hour or 3, here and there, just staring into space and smiling. I may look like I inhaled some illegal stuff to anyone who walks in on me but inside, I’m at peace!
Funny thing following my moment of peace is trying to get my head back on track which sometimes feels like this…
yep…a complete brain fart…
I brush it off and call it a reboot!
1. A month ago I wrote a post on how sitting down for prolonged hours can be damaging to our health, and in it, I shared the adjustable Varidesk which my Manager had so graciously offered to purchase for the betterment of my physical health. It’s funny what you can find on the Internet once you’re looking for it. I came across Kinetic Desk created by California-based company Stir. A smart desk which can transform from a sitting to a standing desk offers a built-in touchscreen which allows you to let the smart desk know when you would like to be sitting or standing during the day, and it would remind you to do so at the specific times. And after you’ve been seated for a while, it nudges you to move your feet and get up to stretch. It comes with a hefty price tag of $2,990 but honestly, I can’t stop talking about these smart desks for one reason only – how important they are for our lifestyle. After working on a Varidesk for a couple of months now, I can tell you how relaxed & relieved my back, neck and shoulders feel. You don’t have to dish a load of benjamins. There are plenty of smart desk options suited for your budget. You just have to find one! (via Zuri, Digital Guru)
2. I’m loving this Drizzona clutch bag from Aldo for only $60!
3. Check out abstract art shop on Etsy created by Destiny Womack or Wostudios if you’re looking to spice up your living room with a touch of colorful modern art.
4. Anther Etsy seller Graficaitalia adds to my travel gear a collection of vintage luggage labels (for only $2 a piece), digitally available for an easy download. You can use these retro printouts for scrap booking, art projects, jewelry, cards or as tags for suitcases.
5. If you haven’t heard of moving paper then you must be living under a rock! Japanese designer Ugoita T has created for your visual pleasure a flock of synchronized dancing origami cranes on an electromagnetic stage.
People just come up with the most oddly interesting ideas!
some images reblogged from A la folie
3 thoughts on “Best of the Web”
Those origami cranes are creepy! I don’t think I’d appreciate them. I still need to find the right adjustable desk for me…
Imagine if you woke up in the middle of the night to these dancing origamis… How creepy that would be!!